Spiritual Tattletale?


"Pblllltttt"

"Moooom! Bug's spitting!"

I don't know about you, but I don't have any patience for tattling. If someone is in imminent danger of physical harm, I want to know about it, but otherwise, deal with it or drop it. I've tried to empower my kids to let someone else know when they're breaking a rule or doing something they shouldn't; they don't need me to intervene for every random thing. At least, that's my theory.

I thought I'd outgrown tattling a long time ago. "Deal with it or drop it." But how often do I sit in church and think "So-and-so really needs to hear this," or fill my prayers with "Lord did you see...?"

I wonder if God gets tired of hearing me whine about my perceptions of someone else's slights and wants to respond, "I know. I see. I'll take care of her."

"But how about you concentrate on what I've asked you to do?"

Ouch!

Photo from "Funwithfood" iStockphoto.

1 comment:

Genny said...

I absolutely loved this. We have been going through a tattling phase in our house with our youngest, and this really hit home. Thanks for making me think about tattling in a whole new way, and for reminding me to look at how I may be doing this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...