Melting Moments

I'm honored and excited to be featured today in 5 Minutes for Mom's Sampler column (where I've found many of my own favorite blogs).

Follow me over there to see the rest of the story, then come on back for the recipe for these easy, melt in your mouth cookies that you can make when you need a little reminder to appreciate this moment.


"I’m not generally clutzy. I can’t even think of the last time I fell. Until today...." (follow the link to read more...)

Melting Moments

1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

about 1/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats or lightly crushed cornflakes

preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and egg and beat well. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in flour until well mixed.

Make batter into one inch balls (about 1/2 tablespoon of batter) and roll in quick-cooking oats or corn flakes.
Place balls on greased baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until tops are light golden and bottoms are very lightly browned. Cool briefly on baking sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 2 dozen (recipe can be doubled).

Recipe originally published in "A Tea for all Seasons," copyright 1997, Mary Pielenz Hampton

4 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Looks like a great recipe. I came here from the sampler. Lovely site.

Heaven said...

I just have to tell you how much I feel refreshed just by visiting your blog. I love the layout and pictures at the top. It really is "relaxing":)

The recipe looks good:) mmmm mmmmm

Tea with Tiffany said...

I'm not a cook or baker, but I enjoy knowing there are people out there who enjoy creating dishes that taste good.

And thanks for stopping by. It's been a while since I've been by...

:)

Rick said...

Your children were Morning Glories? Mine were Dragon Snaps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...