(I've been) Gone but (you're) not forgotten...

It's hard to believe it's been more than a month since my last post. But, considering the month it's been, it's not entirely unbelievable.

I didn't forget about finding my 'joy moments,' but I couldn't bring myself to log in and type them.

I realized yesterday that it isn't that I've been too busy (although it was a very full month with 3 birthdays, 1 anniversary, 4 pumpkin farm visits, 2 class parties, 1 kiddie party, the end of a job, several trips out of town to talk about possible jobs...it's been hard to find a routine).

The real issue is that I intend for this to be a place of refreshing for my friends who stop by. And I've discovered that sharing moments of refreshing has to come from a heart that is refreshed. Some of the events of the last two months have drained me to the point that there hasn't been an overflow to share from.

God has been faithful to meet my needs and I haven't actually felt depleted, but I think it's been a (hopefully brief) season of needing to soak in and not worry about giving out. That's not an easy place for me to be, and it's taken me a good while to see it.
.
It helps to remember this:
LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body will also rest secure...
You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalm 16:5-9, 11)
.
I am hoping that a new month will bring renewed 'refreshment,' especially as we enter this holiday season that can be so draining, but really should be a time of rejoicing and 'being filled' (and I don't mean our tummies or our closets or other gift-related places).

Maybe, to get the ball rolling, you could share with us "What has refreshed you most in the past month?" or "What refreshment do you have to look forward to as we enter the holiday season?"

I'll give it some thought and be back to answer too.

2 comments:

RefreshMom said...

My favorite part of the holidays that keeps my heart focused and refreshed is an "Advent" tradition we started a couple years ago.

We have a large advent calendar that holds small ornaments that represent part of the Christmas story. Each day of December the kids take out one of the ornaments, we read the corresponding Bible passage and then put the ornament on a small tree.

I love how it builds anticipation for the coming of Jesus' birth more than the gift-giving aspect that kids their age can get caught up in. It helps me not to get carried away with all of the other "to-do's" of the season too.

TRUTH SHARER said...

We're ALL in need of God's refreshment! Bring it on.... I can't wait!

Leaping [in faith] for JOY,
Stephanie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...