An Epidemic of Hopelessness


Every day this week the headlines have spoken to a rampant hopelessness. I have nothing to offer in the way of analysis or understanding. I'm rather at a loss for words. (Not a good thing when you've got a blog to to fill.)

Thankfully, another Author has penned better than I could attempt:

Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my salvation and my God.
Psalm 42:11


I wait for the LORD,
my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
Psalm 130:5

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Romans 15:13

We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf.
Hebrews 6:19-20


3 comments:

Priscilla said...

thanks for the reminder, Mary! Being part of the "sandwich" generation (grown kids in need and aging parents)and all the bad news, I am ALWAYS uplifted by God's constant reminder of his power and love and grace! Blessings!

God's girl said...

Praise God for His Word of comfort, hope, and light in times of darkness:)

Blessings! Heaven

Joyful said...

Mary, thanks for offering my heart the cool refreshing drink of hope this morning.

Hugs,
Joy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...